It’s been a while since I published anything here. Life and schoolwork have kept me busy. I finished the first final draft of my master’s thesis. It took my chair three weeks to read the new part and return it, which means I am on an even tighter deadline than before the delay to graduate this semester. And yet, I am beating myself up again for not working harder and faster on my paper this week in order to turn it in by Friday. I will have to turn it in Monday, as my professor suggested when he gave it to me. It probably is for the best, since I have to run additional tests on data, check my APA formatting, etc. before I give it to him. I’m going biking Saturday, so I really have to buckle down and finish what I can before and after jazz band and my hopefully very brief student meeting tomorrow.
Here is a list of ways to avoid writing (or editing) your thesis:
- Check out blogs and other websites; possibly follow up by writing about your inability to focus on your project.
- Watch “just one” episode of an engrossing TV show, and let it turn into a five-hour marathon of intense soul-searching through the characters in the program.
- Practice your music, which has nothing to do with the thesis
- Workout and view information on sports health
- Drink and socialize because you’re worn out from worrying about your thesis and your physical health
- Agonize over running shoes online
- Look for the latest and greatest new bands and their albums
The list is infinite. What would you add?